Exchange ruins school and life.
2 months through the semester and I literally can’t handle any of it. There is so many things I used to like that I am realizing I don’t like anymore and so many things I wish I could do/ had done differently in my life.
For starters I wish I wasn’t in London…
I know I know, only 1 more year to push through, 6 months until graduation. But seriously Ontario is so boring. London is so boring. Between school and downtown there is nothing else to do here. Which means when I am not studying or being bored I am out drinking, which I am also realizing I am completely over!
Adjusting back to normal life and school is terrible.
What I miss the most:
- The constant adventure and activity I had while away
- The friends I made
- Living in a big city
- Even studying in a coffee shop was so much better
- The ease and laid-back atmosphere, especially when it came to school
- The coffee
- Outdoor ed classes (camping) – The ability to talk to and connect with people while not being drunk
- Being totally independent
- Doing whatever I want whenever I want
- Being broke if you can believe it! My disposable (ish) income at the moment is not ok
- Being foreign
- Planning the next adventure each and everyday
- Not knowing what the next day, week and month will bring
- Having an open calendar
- The mentality I had with being away
- Being able to reinvent myself
- Having no fear or ever running into someone I know at the gym, on the train, in the city etc. and just being able to do me
- The gym!!
I’m literally so nostalgic right now its not even ok.
I guess it just means I need to plan the next adventure – summer 2014 abroad here I come.